As a labor doula, I will provide the following:
- An initial consultation. This will include discussions of what my duties as a doula are.
We will go over your feelings towards your upcoming birth, and talk about the experiences you have had with this, and other
pregnancies. This meeting we will also fill out the paper work.
- At least two prenatal visits. I would love to attend one visit with you to your care provider.
If this is not possible, it is very important that he/she knows that you will be using my services prior to the start of labor.
We will go over your hopes, fears, and desires for your labor and delivery. We will come up with a birth wish list.
I will educate you on your options, and on procedures that you may have to face. We will also discuss the pain management
- I will be available by phone or email for you 24/7, to answer any questions or concerns you may have.
- A lending library of books and videos related to pregnancy and birth.
- I will remain with you throughout your entire labor and delivery. I will use different pain managing
techniques such as the birth ball, massage, accupressure, reflexology, aromatherapy, hot/cold therapies, hydrotherapy, visualizations,
walking, help with position changes, and complete physical, emotional, and educational support. I will help your partner
- I will remain with you for at least one hour after the birth, and will help you establish breastfeeding.
- I offer at least one postpartum visit, and extra breastfeeding support.
- I do NOT charge for phone consultations for two weeks postpartum.
I accept cash, check, money order, and credit cards through paypal. Gift certificates and gift
cards are available for any amount.
For Millitary Wives and Teenagers
Please contact me for prices.
Other Services Offered By Beautiful Beginnings
- Photography during pregnancy and/or labor and delivery.
- Video making of labor and birth
- Belly Casting